1. Utilize research-based intervention models to close achievement gaps.
2. Provide sustained opportunities for authentic STEM (i.e. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) experiences so students can develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
3. Expand opportunities for personalized learning in Grades K-12.
4. Establish a comprehensive human capital management system to attract, develop, and retain the exceptional educators critical to delivering 21st century learning experiences for all students.
5. Engage parents, guardians and the community in the education process.
6. Ensure the functionality, appearance, safety of our school buildings, and the security of students mirror the educational values and aspirations we hold for Bethel’s children.
At its meeting of August 25, 2016, the Board of Education approved the following Focus Areas for 2016-2017:
Focus Area: All Students Can Learn
Goal: To utilize research based intervention models to close achievement gaps.
- Continue to strengthen classroom mathematics instruction and implementation of our intervention model.
- Develop a Pre-K – 12 Scientifically Research Based Intervention (SRBI) system for social-emotional behavioral supports.
Focus Area: STEM
Goal: To provide systematic and sustained opportunities for authentic STEM experiences so that students can develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as to expose and engage all students in potential college and career pathways.
- Implement a 1:1 model at BHS and continue to enhance the model at BMS.
- Develop a comprehensive Pre K - 12 STEM Model.
- Implementing K-5 STEM based curriculum aligned to Next Generation Science Standards.
Focus Area: Infrastructure
Goal: To ensure all students have an environment which is conducive to 21st century learning.
- File application with the School Construction Unit for June of 2017.
- Establish an advocacy system and communication plan for the renovation projects.