WELCOME TO CIRCLE OF FRIENDS!
Circle of Friends is an innovative
preschool program that integrates children with and without special
needs. Children without special needs are accepted on a tuition basis.
Circle of Friends offers developmentally appropriate programs for
three and four year olds. Each session is two hours and forty minutes per day. An excellent staff-to-child ratio is maintained.
We believe that children learn through
play, guided exploration and direct instruction. These components are the means through which children can both learn about
their world and demonstrate their understanding of it.
As a team of early childhood
specialists, we design activities that enable children to develop and
trust their own abilities to interact with each other and with
materials. We recognize that each child develops at his/her own rate
and in an individual style. Our goal is to provide experiences and activities through
which each child will develop a sense of competence and pride in
Nothing is more central to our
philosophy than building children’s self-esteem. It is only through
children’s own positive self-concept that they can develop a respect
The goals of the program are:
1. To offer developmentally appropriate early childhood education to all children.
2. To promote respect for individual differences and to develop an appreciation for the diversity within our community.
3. To foster the development of life long independence and positive social skills.
4. To enable all children to effectively communicate their ideas, desires and feelings.
5. To develop skills necessary for successful participation within the Kindergarten program.